Thursday, May 21, 2009

Stitches

We had our first trip to the ER for one of the kids. On Tuesday night we went to my parent's house for dinner and to visit with Jill and Gavin. It was beautiful weather with a nice breeze and we all sat outside and enjoyed it. The kids played on the swing set and we played a little baseball. Holden loves to swing in the infant swing that they put on the swing set. He gets so relaxed. I wish we could put one in our backyard but we don't have anywhere to hang it. We headed home around 8:00 and both kids were already in their pj's. I remember thinking that I might actually get to bed early...the perfect ending to a wonderful night. Wishful thinking.
I told Adi to brush her teeth and then we would read and go to sleep. When it was time to get the books down, Adi told me she wanted to surprise me and told me not to watch, so I went back to the couch until she was ready. Usually she pulls her chair over to her bookshelf to get a book or she tells me which ones to get down. Well, this time she decided to stand on her foot board and while pulling out the book she slipped and fell off hitting her forehead on the edge of her bookshelf near the bottom. We heard the crash and then the scream. Lance and I both ran in there to see the damage. When Lance picked her up she had blood pouring out of we thought was her nose but after running her out to the kitchen and looking closer, we realized it was a nasty gash on her forehead. We both looked at each other and said we have to go (to the ER). I grabbed a towel and she held it against the cut and I ran Holden down to our neighbor Jen. Meanwhile Lance was running around the house in circles not really knowing what to do while blood dripped everywhere. We zoomed to the hospital and then sat and waited an hour to be seen by the Dr. My parent's came and relieved Jen from watching Holden and cleaned up all the blood. Our poor baby girl ended up with 8 stitches and had to get 7 shots to numb it. She screamed when she got her shots but once it was numb she did just fine getting the stitches. She does not like her stitches at all and can't wait to get them removed, which we have to do on Sunday.






2 comments:

Pumpkin Pies said...

Poor baby! That is quite a gash!! Well, now she will always have a story to tell when people ask about the scar on her forehead.

The Mullins Family said...

Ouch! Poor Adi! I had tears in my eyes as I read this. There is nothing worse than knowing your child is in pain! And the horrible crash and scream...of gosh, how scary that must have been! I am glad that she is okay and that it wasn't worse!