Sunday, July 12, 2009

Arizona

On the 4th of July we took a trip to Arizona to surprise Jeff for his birthday! Despite the humid heat (it's monsoon season right now) we had a great time! Holden did great traveling, too! I was a little nervous as it was my first time on a plane with a baby but he fell asleep for about an hour both ways and we were able to entertain him the rest of the time. I don't know how he will do when he can walk though - he won't want to sit down. When we got there on Saturday, Kimberly picked us up and we met Jeff's family at the house. We had a couple of hours to relax before heading to Jeff's game to surprise him. Holden freaked out on the way to the game. Lance and I had never heard him this upset and it sorta freaked us out. I think he was just exhausted from traveling and being over stimulated. I got him to calm down and we made it to the game. We walked up to the game and Jeff saw all of us and was completely surprised! It was awesome! The game was sooooo hot and I got Holden to fall asleep in his stroller for a bit. Then we headed home a little early so we could get the kids to bed and head out to the sports bar. I was very hesitant to go because Holden usually wakes up every 45 minutes to an hour or so and I didn't know how he would react when I wasn't there. He ended up sleeping for almost 3.5 hours!! I didn't have to leave the bar (I only had half a beer) until just before closing time! On Sunday we just hung out and went to the pool and bbq'd. On Monday we hung out and Kimberly almost killed me on a run/walk because we went at 11:00 when it was 105 degrees! I am not used to working out in that kind of heat and in the direct sun so I got very hot and dizzy. Thanks Kimberly! :) That night we enjoyed watching the Bachelorette, eating frozen yogurt and drinking a few much needed glasses of wine!


First plane ride! Just landed in Arizona.




Surprise Jeff!!


I've gotta get one of these little couches (I did!)



Ri Ri being silly!




Emmy and Holden playing together. She is definitely taller than him but he is definitely thicker than her and a little bit heavier.


These pictures crack me up because it looks like he is holding up the mirror for her to see herself. But in reality she's watching him eat the mirror and thinking how she might like to try that too. They just kept taking the toys from each other. Each wanted what the other had.





Hanging out at the pool. I sat in the pool with Holden and he loved it! He had a blast splashing in the water.



1 comment:

Pumpkin Pies said...

I am still so grateful you guys made the trip, we had such a great time! Sorry about the heat, but you all were troopers!! Emerson misses her boyfriend....