Monday, September 28, 2009

9 Months

Holden is 9 months old! Wow - I can't even wrap my head around that. Let's see, he is now crawling and when he sees something he wants, he can go so fast! His little crawl is just too cute because he pushes off with his left foot instead of using boths knees. Sometimes he slips on the hardwood floors and does a faceplant and I feel so bad for him. He loves to pull himself up to standing on everything, including tables, chairs, stools, the floor length mirror, cupboards, the couch, and yes, the bathtub. Holden does not like to sit much, especially in the bathtub! He loves to stand and play with the faucet, or even do what we call "jumpy, jumpy", which is where he bounces up and down.
He now claps his hands and we are working on waving bye, bye and signing the word milk. He's still quite the screamer. Screams when he's happy, screams when he's tired, and screams when he's mad. Our poor baby still has pooping issues. He's only going about every 3 to 4 days (which is actually an improvement) but he is still having a hard time going. Dr. told me to cut out cereal, bananas, and applesauce. I try to get prunes down him every day, but I think he is on to me now and he's over the prunes. He loves to sit and eat anything that he can feed himself, like puffs and cheerios. Changing his diaper and clothes is becoming quite the challenge lately. He screams and cries and rolls over. I can't figure out what the big deal is, but he hates every second of it! Oh, and his sleeping - not good. Fights it and fights it. It's actually pretty cute to watch him babble on and on and roll all around just to stay awake. When he does finally fall asleep he only stays down for an hour. I get him back down and he wakes up anywhere from 2 to 30 minutes later. I used to let him cry for a few minutes and he would go back to sleep but not lately. He now stands and cries until we come get him. He just loves to sleep with mommy and daddy. And we don't mind it too much either. :)
It's been a challenging but very fun first 9 months! We love you so much Bubba!

Matching grandpa

The dishwasher is so cool


Oooohhh, look what I found. These make a great loud noise!


I don't need baby toys, just give me a box and I'm happy



Loves to stand at the door and look out back

No comments: