Wednesday, June 10, 2009

What?!?

Sleeping:
Last night I only got up once with Holden!! We went to my parent's house for dinner and he started to fall asleep in the swing so I packed up the kids and we left. He ended up falling asleep in the car seat on the way home. When we got home I transferred him to his crib and sure enough he woke up and was very upset. After about an hour and a half of trying to get him back down, he was finally asleep by 9:25. I went to bed myself shortly after that. He didn't wake up until 1:00! That's almost 4 hours! Woo hoo! I nursed him and got him back to sleep and then put him back in his crib at 1:30. Lance's alarm started going off at 4:45 and he rolled over to kiss Holden, but Holden wasn't there! We were both shocked! We got out of bed at 5 and Holden was crying loudly. I realized that when I came back to bed at 1:30 I accidentally put the monitor on the wrong channel. You can still hear the nursery but it's really quiet. So he may have woken up somewhere between the 1:30 and 4:45 but I don't think so. Our house is not very big and I'm sure I would have heard him. So that means he slept for a 4 hour chunk and then another 3 hours!! That's huge!!!! Here's to hoping it happens again tonight (yeah right).


Target Explosion:
Today I took Adi and Holden to Target to get a few things. Holden didn't poop all day yesterday with the exception of a tiny little thing. Nope, he decided to save it for me for today. We had just walked into to Target and down our first aisle when he started to make his little grunting sound. Sure enough he did a huge blowout. I could feel that his pants were wet and it was coming down his leg. I told Adi we had to leave right away and go to the car to change him. On our way to the car he pooped some more and this time it shot out his pants and landed on my foot! It was everywhere!!! I changed him in the back of the car while he cried the entire time. Oh man what a huge mess.

1 comment:

The Mullins Family said...

That is hilarious! I can't beleive it actually came out of his pants! That boy can poop! I am glad he is sleeping so well for you...after almost 6 months you deserve a good night sleep! I'll keep my fingers crossed!