Monday, February 23, 2009

8 Week Update

Our poor little guy is still suffering from reflux. The Dr. put him on Donnatal to try to relax him and treat him for colic. It helped maybe a little, but his reflux seems to be getting worse. He spits up a lot, even an hour after eating. He wakes himself up by choking on his spit up. He now rubs his little nose on me because it's bothering him (I think it burns too because his spit up comes out his nose sometimes) and he still arches and cries in pain after eating and while being burped. I called the Dr. today to give them an update and he wants to take Holden off of the Donnatal and try Zantac for the reflux. I also need to nurse him in an elevated position and keep him upright for about 30 minutes after eating. Plus I need to put him down to sleep in an elevated position. Cutting out all of the food from my diet didn't seem to help at all so I have added most of it back (man did I miss my decaf latte)! However, I have a call into the lactataion consultant to discuss some more natural remedies for reflux so that I may not need to use the Zantac. I just don't want to use drugs if I don't have to.

The good thing is that Holden is not upset all day long. He does have happy times and those are becoming more and more frequent! He is talking more and more and gives us big smiles. One of his favorite places to be is his changing table. He loves looking up at this little musical toy that we named 'Dragon'. He talks to it and coos...oh I just love listening to him. It's the highlight of my days.


Here he is on his changing table looking up and talking to Dragon...his favorite thing.

1 comment:

Pumpkin Pies said...

What a cute picture of him smiling! I am glad to hear things are getting a little better. I just booked my ticket to come home the beginning of May, I can't wait to see Holden again, he is already getting so big....