Sunday, February 1, 2009

Welcome Little One





On December 24, 2008 we were blessed with our beautiful and healthy baby boy, Holden James. He was born at 2:38 in the afternoon, weighing a whopping 9lbs 3oz and was 21.5 inches long! He did quite a number on mommy, but once he was in my arms I didn't care anymore. We spent two nights in the hospital including Christmas, but it was the best Christmas ever!

The past 5 and a half weeks have been both amazing and very, very tiring. Holden is a bit fussy at times as he is quite gassy and doesn't like to poop. He eats about every 2 hours or so, but the other night he actually slept for 4 hours! Lance and I love to look at him and talk to him and watch his adorable little expressions. He gave us his first social smile just over a week ago and is beginning to coo, which is so cute! Holden is going to keep us very busy as he is a talker (talks all day and night, even while sleeping) and a wiggle worm. He rolled over for the first time at 5 weeks! I hope that doesn't mean he'll be crawling at 3 months - I'm not ready for that. Oh, and he's getting so big. Lance and I weighed him the other day and he is already about 13lbs and he's wearing size 3-6 months!
Adi is doing well with it for the most part. She loves her brother very much, but she has been the only child for five years, so there is definitely some jealousy. She is attached to us at the hip lately and wants to play games with us and sing to us more now than ever before. She doesn't fully understand why I am always with the baby and not her and therfore she's a little angry with me. But she is adapting and doing a great job with it all.

We are so blessed and so happy, and yes, really tired. Now that I'm starting to get things into a routine (yeah right) I will try to post more frequently.

1 comment:

Pumpkin Pies said...

Keri, I am so proud of you, you are doing such a great job! I can't believe he has already rolled over and is 13lbs, he is a whopper! He is going to be such a big boy the next time we get to see him. Hang in there and try to get some rest whenever possible.