Friday, April 24, 2009

4 Months

Holden is 4 months today! Can you believe it? I can't! He's definitely developing a little personality. If he doesn't like something he slams his arms down, which is actually pretty funny and cute. He loves it when mommy smells his stinky feet (I never realized that a baby could have such stinky feet) and gets his tummy and he loves to dance with daddy. Things got really good with his tummy issues and he was a dream baby for a couple of weeks, but things have regressed and I feel like we are almost back at square one. Not quite though, because he is still soooooo much better than the first few months. Over the past week and a half or more, his bowel movements have changed again. They slowed down to one a day and sometimes one every other day or so, which is normal. But now he is back up to 5 to 7 a day! With the exception of how many diapers we are going through, it really wouldn't bother me that he goes so much, it's just that it bothers him so much. He is still having a lot of trouble with it and he has bouts of crying and twisting in pain, and latching on and yanking off, etc. On Monday night I kept a log and I was up with him 7 times that night because of this issue! Needless to say, both he and I were exhausted on Tuesday and are still playing catch up. It is also making it that much harder to get him used to his crib because when he is in pain, he just wants to sleep next to me. So, I took him back to the Dr. and guess what? I have to cut out soy, chocolate and continue to stay off of dairy and caffeine. What can I eat? Hmmm...good question. I'll let you know when I figure it out! The Dr. says that it is not normal that Holden is back to having 5 to 7 movements a day, and the fact that it's greenish and slimy (too much info?) means it's moving through him really fast. So something is up. Therefore, we start with my diet and see if it improves. Oh, and he's back on Mylanta for every feeding because the Dr. thinks his little bottom is probably burning inside, which might be why he gets so upset when he goes. My poor baby. Hopefully, HOPEFULLY, things will get better for him soon. Man, we were so close!



Here are some pictures from Tuesday night when we went to my parent's for dinner.

Ok, seriously, check out those thighs!!!!


Our little star - who taught her to pose like that? She's got it down pretty good!


With cousin Gavin. I love this picture!!







No comments: